METU is a top university in Turkey and offers excellent programs in a variety of disciplines. Here are some of the top reasons to study at METU:
- Excellent Programs: METU provides an excellent education, which prepares students for careers in a variety of fields. It offers 43 undergraduate programs within 5 faculties – Architecture, Engineering, Arts and Sciences, Education, and Economics and Administrative Sciences.
It also offers 105 masters and 69 doctorate programs through its five graduate schools – Applied Mathematics, Natural and Applied Sciences, Social Sciences, Marine Sciences, and Informatics. METU Erdemli Campus which houses the Institute of Marine Sciences offers 6 graduate programs. Its School of Foreign Languages offers an English preparatory department too.
METU Northern Cyprus campus offers 15 undergraduate programs and 5 graduate programs.
2. Prestigious University: METU is a highly respected university and is ranked among the top universities in the world. All its undergraduate engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. METU is one of the most competitive universities in Turkey. Only the top 1% of the more than 2 million applicants taking the country’s National University Entrance Examination annually are accepted into the university.
As an international research university, it has a research partnership with leading organisations like NASA, NATO, World Bank, and Eureka. It offers 19 international undergraduate and graduate degree programs jointly with European and American universities.
3. Multicultural Environment: METU has a diverse student body, with students from all over the world. This provides a great opportunity to learn about other cultures and to make friends from all over the world.
Currently, more than 28,000 students are enrolled in this university including 1,700 international students from nearly 94 different countries. It has student exchange program agreements with many universities around the world and undergraduate and graduate students from many countries attend METU for a semester or two under them.
4. Beautiful Campus: The METU campus is located in a beautiful setting, surrounded by mountains and forests. It is located in Ankara, the capital of Turkey, which is a great city to live in. It is a safe and friendly city with plenty of things to see and do.
The main campus spreads around 4,500 hectares. Students in Ankara can also enjoy strolling in the forest that spreads around 3,043 hectares. Bus service is available from the main campus of METU to different locations in the city as well as Lake Eymir, which is about 20 km from the city center. METU students often go there for picnicking, rowing, fishing, and other recreational activities.
Throughout the year, the city of Ankara hosts many social and academic activities, concerts, cinema and theatre events, art exhibitions, and more.
5. Affordable Tuition: METU offers affordable tuition rates, making it an excellent value for students. For undergraduate programs, international students have to pay 3,000 to 5,000 Turkish Lira or about 300 to 350 USD per semester. For graduate programs, international students have to pay 2,500 Turkish Lira, or about 175 USD per semester. International joint degree programs cost more.
The cost of living depends on one’s lifestyle but in-campus dormitories can cost anywhere between 245 and 2,300 Turkish Lira or 17 to 160 USD. House rent in the university neighbourhood for 3 students is around 2,500 to 3,000 Turkish Lira or 174 to 210 USD.
On average, students can stay comfortably in Ankara within the budget of 21,000 Turkish Lira or 1,500 USD – even if they are renting off-campus accommodation.
6. Excellent Facilities: METU has excellent facilities, including modern classrooms, laboratories, and libraries. The dormitory on the campus can accommodate about 7,000 students. There are banks, a post office, a shopping area, and several eating places inside the METU campus as well as gymnasiums, jogging trails, basketball and football fields, tennis courts, and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Off-campus, you can visit Uludag near Bursa where people go to enjoy skiing and mountain climbing.
7. Friendly and Helpful Staff: The staff at METU is friendly and helpful and is always available to help students with their studies or any other needs. The university has 1,250 full-time faculty members and 1,350 research staff. About 70% of the full-time faculty at METU hold Ph.D. degrees from well-recognised universities across the world.
METU is also the first university in Turkey to have an international campus, introduce a Faculty Development Program, and provide internet and more. Students can also benefit from the extensive alumni network of the university that is organised into 18 national and 22 international alumni associations.
There you have it – some of the top reasons to study at METU in Turkey. TutorHelp.Club experts recommend this university as it has an excellent faculty, modern facilities, and affordable tuition rates. It is also located in a beautiful setting and offers many social and academic activities throughout the year. Students will enjoy the friendly and helpful staff at METU as well as the extensive alumni network. So, if you are looking for an excellent university in the Middle East, METU is a great option!
0 responses on "Top Reasons to Study in Turkey at METU (Middle East Technical University)"